Business Liability Insurance
If you're looking for the best small business insurance products from major and specialist insurers as well as brokers, then our guides will point you in the right direction.
General liability insurance is a must have as well as indemnity insurance for professional organisations that provide advice on a commercial basis and even contractors should consider getting quotes to cover themselves.
Professional indemnity insurance - this essential insurance for most business covers mistakes and professional errors. Check your professional indemnity insurance and ensure that you have the relevant cover for your business.
Insurance for Professionals
There are professions such as solicitors and accountants and other service providers that require indemnity insurance by law or as part of the conditions set by the membership association. So check out the following guides for your professional organisation:
- Bookkeepers insurance
- Solicitor indemnity insurance
- Architect's professional indemnity insurance
- Public liability insurance quotes
- Courier van insurance quotes
- Self-employed health insurance
- Company van insurance
- Contractor's liability insurance
- Income payment protection insurance
- Commercial van insurance quotes
- Endowment policy selling of endowments policies
There are various types of small business insurance products available on the market at competitive rates for limited companies and home businesses. These include:
- General liability insurance covers liability claims such as accidents the general public may have at your premises or as a result of interactions with your staff.
- Professional indemnity (insures against mistakes made from advice provided to your customers).
- Employer's liability insurance.
- Product liability insurance.
- Tax and VAT investigation insurance.
For most businesses that have employees, you should have some form of liability insurance as the law dictates (also reference the Safety at Work Act 1974). Outside of legal requirements, you may consider insurance under the following circumstances:
- You have staff working for you.
- Your business provides professional advice.
- You come face to face with third parties and members of the public in your daily activities.
When searching for quotes see if there are any specific exclusions and what type of excess you may need to pay in the event of any claim. Not all insurance policies are the same and may not cover you for circumstances you assume they will so be careful. Perhaps the services of an insurance broker may help you if you can work together. If you don't have the insurance specified by law, then you may face financial penalties in the form of fines.
So that summarises the types of small business liability insurance you may need. It's best to check if you have the relevant policies and the correct amount of cover for your circumstances.